Thursday, July 20, 2006

My First Animation Cel!

Look at what I picked up today!

This is an official Inspector Gadget animation cel!
It's an original production cel that was used in a 1986 KFC commercial. I even have all 4 cups that are presented here! Now I want to frame this properly and keep it in mint condition.
I couldn't find any listings of this commercial on the web to back up the actual use of the cel, but I think it was a freelance job used by Kentucky Fried Chicken to sell their cups.
I found this listed on the following website:
http://www.mikesgeneralstore.com/
They have lots of good stuff there. If you have the chance, check it out!
Since I could not find the commercial listed anywhere, here's the rare original opening used on the pilot of the animated series where Gadget is sporting a moustache!

2 comments:

Bugsy-Kun's Blog said...

Great work!! Like the cell and the original one. I heard that the moustache was removed because it's too look a spoof of Peter Seller's The Pink Panther character Jacques Clouseau. I was wrong?

J.E.Daniels said...

You're right!
MGM's people made DIC Animation shave Inspector Gadgets' upper lip because he looked to much like Clouseau.