Monday, March 19, 2007

Old VHS Announcements

I recently came across some old issues of Starlog magazine. The few I picked up are from the early '80s and they are filled with articles about movies and shows from the time.
These articles here are about new Video Cassette releases, check out those prices. No wonder these things never caught on right away. Even laserdiscs were advertised back then.

I had no idea that Pinocchio was the first Disney animated feature released to VHS!
The great Warner Bros Treasury tapes! I believe that this Speedy Gonzales collection was the only one released in North America until the latest Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD set!

1 comment:

Jon Cooke said...

I have an early 1980s VHS of THE BEST OF TERRYTOONS from Children's Video Library... the suggested retail price printed on the cover is $39.99 (!!!)