Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Original Preston Blair Animation Book

First put together in 1947 by animator Preston Blair, he used examples of characters he had animated at MGM and Disney to demonstrate various animation principles.
Rights to certain characters were revoked by the time the book had already been in stores. The publication was halted for a time while Blair replaced many characters with generic designs of his own.
Check out the whole original book with thanks to ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive here:
http://www.animationarchive.org/2006/05/media-preston-blairs-animation-first.html




2 comments:

Coyote said...

I used to have this book when I was younger but sadly, I do not know whatever became of it. I kick myself for losing it.

J.E.Daniels said...

Still have my copy.
You could probably find a copy in a craft store like Michaels, I know they offer copies in the craft dept at Wal-Mart.