Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wilma Flintstone's Dirty Little Secrets?

Featured today in many Canadian newspapers was an article reporting on Wilma Flintstone's secret past. Namely why her maiden name changed from "Pebble" to "Slaghoople" before she married Fred.
Earl Kress was able to give his two-cents with a simplified answer to this "theory".
Canadian news reporters tend to create news based on animated characters once in a while.
One that comes to mind is an article claiming that Homer Simpson is actually a Canadian from my hometown of Winnipeg. Taken out of context of Matt Groening mentioning his father, who Homer is based, hails from North Dakota.
Being a big fan of animation, it always embarrases me to read these so-called "top stories".

1 comment:

Coyote said...

I always knew there was something shady about Wilma, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. :)