Monday, November 19, 2007

Garfield: His 9 Lives















My favorite Garfield television special has to be 1988's Garfield: His 9 Lives.
Available on the DVD "Garfield Fantasies", the special is very unique like the book it's based on.
Different artists contributed to the book illustrating Garfield in their own way.
The special mimics this by using various animation styles.
My favorite segment is Life # 4: The Court Musician. It's cartoony and has a "design-y" feel to it.

Life # 4
Uploaded by j-motion

4 comments:

Jeff Cook said...

Very cool little toon. I didn't know about this cartoon but it sounds like such a cool way to portray a classic character. Terrific style and funky animation.

I'd love to see more of the segments.

Christopher said...

Wicked! I've still got this on video somewhere - great that it made its way on DVD.

Never knew it was based from a book but every one one of them are special and unique in their own way. Although I'm not entirely a fan on lives 2 (King Cat) and 7 (Lab Cat) :P

Jon Cooke said...

This looks like Brett Koth's style... reminds me a lot of those later US Acres strips. I hadn't seen this in years! Thanks for posting! I will have to see if I can find that DVD at an affordable price.

Jon Cooke said...

Oh, this reminds me... anyone brave enough to watch the new "Garfield Gets Real" DVD movie that just came out?