Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tiny Toons Season 1 Volume 2 on DVD

April 21st saw the release of Tiny Toon Adventures: Season 1 Volume 2 to DVD from Warner Home Video.The new set features the next 30 episodes from Season One that carries over from the last 35 episodes released in Volume 1 from August of 2008.
http://jedaniels-adventures.blogspot.com/2008/08/invading-your-tv-on-dvd.html
There are lots of great cartoons on this set, but with the good come some of the bad. It seems that the better cartoons have the traditional 6-minute time frame while the other dragged-out episodes run for the full 20-minutes. The compilation episodes are fun to watch seeing how they parody many music stars and television shows ("Tiny Toon Music Television", "K-ACME TV")."Animaniacs!"
The classic Looney Tunes characters have many cameo appearances through-out the rest of season one, acting as professors of comedy and having slightly bigger roles in certain cartoons ("Duck Dodgers Jr.", "Who Bopped Bugs Bunny?", "Return of Pluck Twacy").
Here are plenty of screen shots to get you animation fans interested in picking up this great cartoon set!"Dapper Diz""Falling to Pizzas""How Sweetie It Is""Love Stinks""K-ACME TV""Bat's All Folks""Slugfest""I was A Teenage Bunnysitter""Tiny Toon Music Television""Venison Anyone?""America's Least Wanted""Son of Looniversity Daze""Duck Dodgers Jr.""Boo-Ha-Ha""High Toon""K-ACME TV""Bear Necessities""And All That Rot""The Return of Pluck Twacy""Here's Hamton""How Sweetie It Is""K-ACME TV"
I assume the next Tiny Toons DVD set will be Season 2: Volume 1? Here's hoping!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you write the titles of the episodes of which you put the screen shot?

Thank you very much and Stay great with the Blogs! ;-)

Liz

nickramer said...

Wait, it's out already? Is Freakazoid Season 2 also out? Man, I am so off remembering DVD releases these days.

James E. Daniels said...

lol me too!
Yep, just picked up Freak last night! Another great series canceled before it's time.

Rick Roberts said...

Ugh, those pictures of the looney Tunes are terrible. It's bad enough when they screw up bastardizations of them.

James E. Daniels said...

Too true, but keep in mind that at the time, this was a lot better than previous animation shows of the 80's.
I don't mind the sloppy art, at least Warners was keeping the classic characters alive.

Rick Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Roberts said...

"Too true, but keep in mind that at the time, this was a lot better than previous animation shows of the 80's."

Well everything outside Mighty Mouse but that isn't say much.

"I don't mind the sloppy art, at least Warners was keeping the classic characters alive."

No they weren't with bad drawings and reducing to just tired cliches. That's all what these WBA shows were, cartoon cliches. A mallet there and an anvil here with some 90's popculture and they called it a cartoon.

James E. Daniels said...

Like it or not, these shows did lead people to searching out the classic shorts. I know they did that for me.
At least the 90's shows brought back humor and characters with personalty. Compared to what cartoon shows have been produced lately, I welcome these DVD sets...

Rick Roberts said...

"Like it or not, these shows did lead people to searching out the classic shorts. I know they did that for me."

They were already doing that rebroadcasting the classics on TV. This same execuse you give is also now being used to defend this horrid new Stooges film.

"At least the 90's shows brought back humor and characters with personalty"

No they didn't.

"Compared to what cartoon shows have been produced lately, I welcome these DVD sets..."

So are many classic cartoons so I don't know why you would.

James E. Daniels said...

"They were already doing that rebroadcasting the classics on TV. This same execuse you give is also now being used to defend this horrid new Stooges film."
Actually not here in Canada. All we had was the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show and most of those were horribly edited. Eventually there were un-cut Merrie Melodies aired around '96(?)
Yes, the new Stooges is a terrible idea.

"No they didn't."
You're a hard person to please. ;)
But I'm sure I would be the same way if I never experienced the show when it aired originally.

"So are many classic cartoons so I don't know why you would."
Touch'e. I just hope we get more Looney Tunes collections soon. The compilation films aren't enough.
But for now, other Warner shows I grew up with will do just fine.

Rick Roberts said...

"All we had was the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show and most of those were horribly edited."

I would say the same thing for the US as well.

"You're a hard person to please. ;)
But I'm sure I would be the same way if I never experienced the show when it aired originally"

Oh, I loved it when I was younger but now I enjoy humor and not a string of cliches.

James E. Daniels said...

"Oh, I loved it when I was younger but now I enjoy humor and not a string of cliches."
I feel the same way about Scooby-Doo & Family Guy. Although Family Guy is only 10 years old, that went dry very fast. lol