Friday, September 11, 2009

Looney Tunes: Laff Riot in 2010

The web rumors appear to be true!
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/at-toon-factory-of-brothers-warner.html
Warner Bros Animation is planning to recharge their Looney Tunes francise with a brand-new series called "Laff Riot". The new show should be released sometime next year.
http://jimsmithcartoons.blogspot.com/2009/06/wacky-melodies.html
Hopefully the new cartoons will be up to par with the classics. At least these classic characters won't be lost to a new generation...
http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4893&PN=1

6 comments:

Rick Roberts said...

"Hopefully the new cartoons will be up to par with the classics. At least these classic characters won't be lost to a new generation..."


ROFL ! Don't hold your breath ! I will tune in though for the sake of perverse curiosity.

James E. Daniels said...

I as well. It'll be nice to see some new Looney Tunes animation. I'm curious to know who will be the main directors of the series?
As for "hopefully the new cartoons will be up to par with the classics.", I really tried my best to keep a straight face while typing. :)

Rick Roberts said...

In terms of crew, the only unfortunate news I have is Jim Smith being fired for unknown reasons. I hope they nabbed Eric Goldberg if he wasn't too busy working on The Princess and The Frog. Also Richard Pursel seems another likely canidate since he was on Tom and Jerry Tales.

Anonymous said...

¿Spike Brant?
¿Tony Cervone?
¿Douglas McCarthy?
¿Darrell Van Citters?

What's happened with Jim Smith????

James E. Daniels said...

I'm guessing Richard Pursel, Spike Brant, Tony Cervone and Douglas McCarthy are on board.
I enjoyed seeing Spike and Tony's direction on Tom & Jerry Tales.

Fanny said...

Excellent!

I hope Van Citters too, I love "Box-Office Bunny"(1990) and "Pullet Surprise"(1997).

I want to see the unfinished Van Citters: "Rock-A-Bye Rabbit", "Beach Blanket Bugs" or "No Parking, Martian".